Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Canning and Drying and Pickling - Well, Mostly Dehydrating

Sorry I haven't been on in a while.  I've trying to figure out how to keep my preps where they belong, at home.

Things with the deadbeat got a bit melodramatic as she did something while doing drugs that had the whole hubby family up in arms, so the preps are a little safer.  Still, with my promotion at work, I now have a big locking file cabinet and room for personal stuff so I have some stuff stored there.  When hubby goes fishing, I bring the preps home and put them away where he wouldn't go looking for goodies.

Have done a lot of dehydrating - mainly strawberries and kiwi.  I have some potatoes that I plan to do up.  One thing is sure, I doubt hubby would be able to give away dehydrated potato flakes :).

Bottom line, though, prepping is going under deep cover.

****

There's a newish show on Space called Outcasts that has been pretty interesting - people fleeing a war and ecologically ravaged Earth, and trying to make a new start on a planet called Carpathia.  Hopefully it won't disappoint the way Falling Skies has.

1 comment:

Ron said...

Hey, glad things are moving along! Glad to see you are staying on track with prepping. Went to check out this Outcasts thing but can't get the video player on their website to run :-/

Will try again later tho, looks interesting. Thanks for the recommendation.